Buckingham Palace said on Tuesday that Queen Elizabeth II would be skipping any virtual attendance due to mild symptoms of COVID-19.
“The Queen continues to suffer from mild cold-like symptoms, so it was decided to embark on a light mission without starting the scheduled virtual combat today,” the palace said in a statement. “Other commitments will be decided next week,” she added.
The 95-year-old monarch tested positive for the corona virus on Sunday. He met Prince Charles, his eldest son and heir apparent. Prince Charles later contracted the coronavirus again and was sent to solitary confinement this month.
In an earlier statement released Sunday, the palace did not specify whether Carlo was the source of the contamination. However, officials recently reported an outbreak at Windsor Castle, suggesting he may have been infected with other members of the royal family. The palace previously revealed that the queen suffers from “minor cold symptoms” and will continue on a “minor mission” next week.
On Monday she delivered a letter of condolence to the Brazilian people following the catastrophic floods and landslides in Petrópolis, a mountainous region north of Rio de Janeiro. Buckingham Palace fights to protect the queen from the virus. She retired to Windsor Castle with her husband Prince Philip in early 2020 and lived in seclusion for over a year. Elizabeth, with Philip, receives a coronavirus vaccination at Windsor Castle in January 2021. It has not been confirmed where the next vaccine will be given. Charles said he was fully vaccinated and boosted. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson lifted restrictions on the coronavirus, leaving the queen sick.