With thousands of likes and shares, a Tucson teen has become a viral sensation.
“She wouldn’t have thought she would make it to her car. If anyone is in trouble or in the need, I’d come in the way and help,” Dashawn Butler explained to Tucson News Now.
Butler’s act of kindness has taken the world by storm. Many locals can’t scroll through their Facebook feeds without seeing it.
It happened last week. The 13-year-old dropped all he was doing at the Park Place Mall to help an elderly woman safely cross the street to her car.
His step-mom Maria Lopez caught it all on camera. She couldn’t be more proud.
“It kind of blew me away. Not that I didn’t expect anything like that from him, cause he’s such a good kid. He does a lot of good things for people. I don’t think I really expected that though,” Lopez said.
The rest of the world is proud, too.
More than 6,000 comments filled the post, applauding the young man for his help.
“I was shocked. I didn’t really expect something like this to happen,” Butler told us. “I just try my best.”
He hopes he can inspires others to go the extra mile. Karma has already come back for him. A stranger paid it forward to Butler on Friday, gifting him with a new pair of shoes.
Copyright 2018 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)